Women of Distinction
Thank you for nominating notable women for the 2021 Women of Distinction and Women of the Year Awards!
The rich tradition of women’s contributions to Washington State University encompasses teachers and scholars, staff and advisors, students and alumni, administrators and regents, volunteers and friends. The WSU Women of Distinction and Woman of the Year Awards are presented annually during National Women’s History Month to recognize the achievements and contributions of women to the academic and local community, and to our society.
Women of Distinction awardees usually include an alumna, a faculty member, a staff member, or a student (undergraduate or graduate). Women not affiliated with WSU but who work with WSU in community engagement, development, student engagement, or other areas can also be nominated. All nominees for Women of Distinction awards are eligible for the Woman of the Year award, and nominations from all WSU campuses and locations, as well as self-nominations, are encouraged.
DUE DATE: March 19th, at 5:00 pm
These prestigious awards recognize women for their accomplishments and contributions to society and the lives of other women.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE AWARDS, THE NOMINEE MUST BE:
- A woman who has distinguished herself in academic work, career, leadership, public service, or any combination thereof.
- A woman who has contributed to the personal growth and success of others, especially women, through education, research, or public volunteer service beyond her expected job responsibilities.
- A woman whose achievements have created positive social change, increased equality for all, and helped build community through service.
- A woman not honored with this award in the last five years.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINATION:
Please note you will be able to attach all the requested documents later in this form.
- With the list of qualifications in mind, provide a statement indicating the nominee’s distinguished contributions and achievements (limit 2 pages).
- In addition to the statement, provide any supporting documents to assist the committee in making this decision (limit 2 pages each and no more than 4 supporting documents). Examples include letters of support, additional nominations, and/or statements of reference).
- If you choose to include references, please include the names and contact information for references for the nominee.
The awards will be presented via webinar on April 16 from 1 to 2pm.
Register in Advance for the Women of Distinction Awards Ceremony: https://wsu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_nIRqjsT0TuazEFkxHQ68pQ.
The President’s Commission on the Status of Women at WSU coordinates the award selection process.