Women of Distinction
PLEASE NOMINATE NOTABLE WSU FACULTY, STAFF, STUDENTS AND ALUM FOR THE 2022 WOMEN* OF DISTINCTION AND WOMAN* OF THE YEAR AWARDS
The rich tradition of women’s contributions to Washington State University encompasses teachers and scholars, staff and advisors, students and alumni, administrators and regents, volunteers and friends. The WSU Women* of Distinction and Woman* of the Year Awards are traditionally presented annually during National Women’s History Month to recognize the achievements and contributions of women to the academic and local community, and to our society.
Women* of Distinction awardees usually include an alumna, a faculty member, a staff member, or a student (undergraduate or graduate). Individuals not affiliated with WSU but who work with WSU in community engagement, development, student engagement, or other areas can also be nominated. All nominees for Women* of Distinction awards are eligible for the Woman* of the Year award, and nominations from all WSU campuses and locations, as well as self-nominations, are encouraged.
Due Date has been moved to March 22 at 5:00 pm
To nominate distinguished alumna, faculty, staff and students for the Women of Distinction awards, please click on the following link: https://bit.ly/WSUWOD2022
These prestigious awards recognize women* for their accomplishments and contributions to society and the lives of women.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE AWARDS, THE NOMINEE MUST:
- Have distinguished themselves in academic work, career, leadership, public service, or any combination thereof.
- Have contributed to the personal growth and success of others, especially women, through education, research, or public volunteer service beyond expected job responsibilities.
- Have created positive social change, increased equality for all, and helped build community through service.
- Have not honored with this award in the last five years.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINATION:
Please note you will be able to attach all the requested documents later in this form.
- With the list of qualifications in mind, provide a statement indicating the nominee’s distinguished contributions and achievements that addressed each of the qualifications above (limit 2 pages).
- In addition to the statement, provide any supporting documents to assist the committee in making this decision (limit 2 pages each and no more than 4 supporting documents). Examples include letters of support, additional nominations, and/or statements of reference).
- If you choose to include references, please include the names and contact information for references for the nominee.
* This award is for people who identify as women and their allies, who have worked to elevate the status and equality of women.
The awards ceremony will be held via webinar April 19th at 10:00am to 11:00am.
Please note you will be required to register to attend the event.
To register in advance for the awards ceremony: https://wsu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Kk04orGiTSmVMdp7ORnaxA
The President’s Commission on the Status of Women at WSU coordinates the award selection process.
Congratulations to the 2022 Awardees
Undergraduate Student: Amanda Westbrook
Graduate Student: Ayumi Manawadu
Alumna: Michelle Kelly
Staff: Olivia Yang
Faculty: Michelle Carter
Woman* of the Year: Nairanjana (Jan) Dasgupta